domingo, 1 de junho de 2014

Surviving in the country's FIFA WORLD CUP 2014


Today, in the morning, I passed an odd experience. I am a practitioner of the martial art about 20 years and a teacher about 13 years. I never thought the day would come that my survival would be guaranteed by wielding a sword in front of my house.

I had an appointment today, bright and early, with a photographer, a friend of mine to take some photos that would be used for a news story about martial art and for that I prepared all my training material including my collection of Japanese swords.

I woke up early. Prepared and took my breakfast. And to leave the house at 07:20 am, right on the doorstep, I was approached by a crackhead with a knife in hand.

My reaction was swift and automatic, sticking to the many years of training I have in martial-arts. I turned away, seeking the ideal distance and drew my katana (Japanese sword with approximately 90 cm) in a defensive posture.

There were 2 or 3 seconds very tense because I was attacked by one marginal would be very likely that the outcome was not pretty. I, like any good citizen, I did not want that kind of weight on my shoulders.

The bandit smiled and spat the words: "...Are you kidding! Never seen shit like that..."and walked calmly down the street, in the certainty of impunity that is common here.

Despite being trained to stressful situations and be accustomed to dealing with melee weapons I took some time to compose myself because for a few seconds I was no longer in the 21st century in a civilized place. I was fighting for my life on a medieval battlefield in which one is aware of the imminence of death or your opponent's.

This, my dear reader, is the picture of Brazil the country "chaired" by Ms. Dilma Rousseff (PT), the Espírito Santo state "governed" by Mr. Renato Casa Grande (PSB) and Serra city "governed" by Sir Audifax (PSB).

[Brazil, a country of all!]
[Federal government]
Less of the good citizens!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário